Tuesday, February 12, 2019

About me

Elly Sketchit
aka "Cheshire" & "Stupid Cat"

TL;DR: I'm around 40+ years old, I write and I draw. You may have seen/heard stuff about me that paints me as a monster on the internet. I am not.

Active on: Archive of Our Own (ellysketchit) 
* some of this is NSFW (green is G-rated; & I do have some original work there)

Personal stuff:
  • I'm female & am neurodivergent
  • I'm married (no kids, ever) and love music, writing, drawing, reading, gaming
  • I don't like to use labels ('gamer', etc) because folks mostly see bad publicity
  • I'm absolutely nuts about Hizashi Yamada & can get SUPER emotional about him
  • My husband doesn't like me to use his real name online, so I call him Zoro
  • My fave colors are aqua and purple, so all my blogs and such feature them
  • I identify as a cheshire nekomata (mostly human with ears, fangs, nose & a tail)


Hey! I'm not active on social media anymore.
There's a reason, of course. It's for my mental health.

I get very emotional about things. And when I do, I used to post about them/speak up, rather than let it fester (as I don't really socialize outside of one friend and my husband due to anxiety). When I did, people tended to take what I said the wrong way. Perhaps I didn't explain myself enough. Or, Occam's Razor - they read too much into it. I speak bluntly, and many folks don't want to hear anything unless you candy coat your thoughts in PC words and double talk.

All I want when I post something emotionally is support/to vent because I'm upset. I don't mean to upset anyone else.


If someone says something that you don't like, "yelling" about it isn't going to accomplish anything except make everyone else sorry they're around you. And, yes, you may be wrong: they may not have meant what you think they did. We're all different. We don't think the same, which means we don't express ourselves the same.

I come from a place of no ill intent, but have gotten so swarmed with people with hate in their hearts that I've mostly given up on humanity. Over the years, since I was a little child, I've been dumped on and hurt when all I had were, for the most part, good intentions. Misguided sometimes, and worded a little messily, but not the straight up evil folks want to see. So... yeah. No more. 


In closing, if you see something and disagree with it or think the person has said something "unforgivable": talk to them kindly. Perhaps they worded something wrong. Maybe you need to see things from a different perspective as well to understand. And remember, if you throw hatred at them, you may be targeting the wrong person. You may be hurting your own cause. I now have a distrust against certain folks because of the way many treated me.

Kindness doesn't cost anything, hatred is the most expensive in the end.

Here are some written pieces relating to this:

- "Tomato Counseling" (social media, etc)

No comments:

Post a Comment